Monday, May 27, 2013

8 Weeks to go...

I guess it's time to start flipping things around and instead of how many weeks of training I'm into...the official countdown has begun.

Crazy.  This is the only word that comes to mind when I think about how little time I have until the big day.  8 weeks.

The past two weeks of training has definitely been a "push" for me.  I've spent more time on the bike than I thought I could ever possibly achieve.  I swam 4000 yards in the pool one evening after work...even after having a morning workout the same day. This is the Ironman swim distance.  Let me clarify, so you can feel my excitement.  I swam the same distance that I will be doing on my IM day!
During the workout I wasn't sure if I was going to end up making it.  Not because my body was tired, but strictly because it was absolutely boring going from one end of the pool to the other.  80 times...back and forth.  Let me tell you, it was worth it.  The sense of accomplishment moving forward with my training is beyond words.  I suddenly know, beyond a doubt, that I'm going to achieve my goal.

Moving forward... this past Saturday's training.  I was up and out on my bike early.  I rode almost 30 miles up to my mom's house to catch up with DB-who has become one of my biking buddies-so, he could keep my company on the next 50 miles.  Well, about 30 miles into our ride we ended up on the side of the road with two flats and no other tubes.  A phone call later, we were picked up and I was dropped off at my house and lacing up my shoes to run.  The joys of cycling...

My morning swim workouts have ceased until school gets out.  It's been more challenging to get my swims in because of this.  All I can do... is the best I can.  I do every work out I possibly can and I no longer beat myself up inside if I have to miss one because I am busy being a wife or a mother.  Life happens.  I'm not a workout machine.  My family comes first.  Period. God willing, I will still be in the water waiting for the cannon to go off on race morning.

Kylie:  Our little hero has an endocrinologist appointment on Wednesday to check her hormone levels.  After a year on chemotherapy pills, she isn't growing or gaining any weight.  Her growth hormone level will determine the next course of action.  If the levels are low, then she will go on hormones.  If they are in the normal range, then she will start an appetite inhibitor.

Inspirational Video of the Week:

Sidemark...I have a fabulous video when DB and I were on the side of the road waiting for our ride, but I need to get with a techy on how to post video from my iphone.  Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment