Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 3

Week 3-done.  There isn't anything too exciting to report this week.  The only thing that comes to mind are my thoughts during my ride today.  They were all over the place.  Although, two things dawned on me today.  1.  I still hate the Texas wind.  2.  Texas trucks are bigger than my bike, so get the heck out of the way.  Rednecks are clueless.  Forget the idea of sharing the road.  Not going to happen.

I was deep in thought throughout my ride and really just enjoying myself.  I've noticed over the years that my thoughts go from one thing to the next and for no rhyme or reason.  It reminds me of the movie,  Up, the dog in the movie always hollers "Squirrel" and gets side tracked.  Yup, that's me.  At one point I noticed all of the trash along the road.  Even thought about organizing the community to pick up trash one day.  Great idea.  Unrealistic.  Why in the world am I thinking about that?!!!  So, as I'm riding along, I'm wondering...do all athletes think like this when they are in the moment?  I was speaking to a friend yesterday and she told me that some of her best ideas come to her while she is out there.  I can honestly say that I feel the same way.  Great ideas, but who carries a sheet of paper to write it down, or stops their workout to log it?  It's like something happens chemically in the brain when we are out there.  But, once the workout is finished, the ideas are lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrAIGLkSMls

No comments:

Post a Comment