Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 12

I have trained for 94 hours, 5 minutes and 36 seconds so far.  That's 3 days, 22 hours, and 5 mins.

Training:  Overall, I'm still feeling great.  The biggest challenge that I'm having is still fitting in all of the training sessions in and managing to be a mom, wife, and teacher. I will have to say that if anybody goes into this without great time management skills, then they will come out with them! 

I did my first 100K (63 miles) bike rally on Saturday.  There were tons of hills and I really got to know my bike.  It helped a lot riding with DB, who is a very seasoned cyclist.  He really showed me out to crank it down and get up the "beasts".  However, I don't think the hills in Texas are going to be anything like the mountains in Lake Placid.  I'm going to have to look into more climbing gears on my bike.



My hero:  Kylie is just trucking along with her medication.  She takes it every night out of habit and never complains.  She loved getting her face painted yesterday after the race!  She also has dance pictures tonight and she is so excited to dress up in her costume and get all gussied up.  Such a girly girl!  Her sister, Katelyn, and "Garbear" ran a 5K race on Saturday and did terrific!   




Please to help me with my "Journey to Placid" by donating to my fundraising campaign.  I have raised $5066.00 so far and my goal is $10,000.  I'm a little over half way there!!! I'm doing all of the work, you just have to donate!  What a deal! 

http://ctf.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1034366&lis=1&kntae1034366=31D76130C77A41A899ED7F3E1722928B&supId=358283427

No comments:

Post a Comment